The Australian summer has well and truly arrived and it heralds a season of outdoor parties and barbeques, with long summer evenings and comfortable temperatures. Most homeowners will host at least one outdoor event in their garden, if not many more, and with that in mind, here is an informative guide to ensure that the party goes off with a bang!
- Hire a Marquee – This is the perfect shading and cover, and with literally hundreds of various shapes and sizes, there’s bound to be something just right. If the party starts in the early afternoon, shading is vital, and with the chance of a rain shower or two, you can’t take a chance that the party will be a washout. There is affordable marquee hire in Melbourne, and just about every Australian city, and a simple online search in the best place to start your quest.
- Party Supplies – Unless you are a seasoned party host, there will be many things you need. Make a list (right down to serviettes) and then source an online party supplies company, who can literally deliver anything you require from party streamers to a dance floor. This takes the stress out of the arranging, and with just about everything you need, there is no need to shop anywhere else.
- Invite your Neighbours – This is the perfect way to avoid any unpleasantness regarding noise and car parking, and with all your neighbours in attendance, you can wind up the volume a little. If by any chance they are unable to attend, the invite will ensure there are no bad feelings if the party carries on into the early hours of the morning.
- Stock Up with Alcohol – No one knows your guests like the host, and when you calculate what type of drinks they prefer, make sure you add a little, just in case. Most people will bring a bottle or a case of beer, and with a big ice cooler stored away in the corner, all beer can be iced and ready to go. Ice is something you can never have enough of with a party, and if you don’t have an ice making machine, you can hire one for the occasion.
- Audio-Visual Equipment – You may already have a decent sound system and by placing the speakers outside, you can create the perfect party atmosphere. Failing that, the marquee hire company is likely to have a range of state of the art audio-visual systems for rent, complete with a dance floor, which will save your lawn from serious damage.
Modern party hire companies stock absolutely everything a party host might need, and with online solutions, a simple search will take you to their website, and after placing the order, they will deliver to your door. This allows you to actually enjoy the experience, rather than running around checking that everything is in place.